It’s been quite a performance for a 26-year-old punk whose address of record is the Broadway Youth Center’s former location at Broadway and Belmont.
Around 10:30 on Halloween night, a resident of the courtyard building at 815 W. Cornelia saw an offender, described as a white male wearing gray sweat pants, bust into the complex’s laundry machines to steal change. The thief then fled on a bicycle that the resident believes was also stolen from the building.
The witness flagged down a passing officer who broadcast the suspect’s description. Another unit at Halsted and Belmont immediately spotted the offender and had him transported back to the apartment building where he was positively identified.
This incident is recorded as a burglary-unlawful entry in CPD case #HW515638.
|Parts of a revolving door.
Image: International Revolving Doors.
The slug has also logged these recent arrests in Chicago:
- Marijuana possession on April 8, 2012
- Marijuana possession on July 14, 2012
- Assault on August 25, 2012
- Theft on September 15, 2012
- Theft on October 5, 2012
- Trespassing on December 27, 2012
- Trespassing on February 9, 2013
- Trespassing on March 22, 2013
- Battery on August 13, 2013