So, it’s come down to this.
How does a blind man in a neighborhood as generous and giving as ours find himself walking into a barber shop to ask someone to call 911 because he’d been robbed?
Ah, it was probably our fault.
Any whom, a blind man walked into a barber shop in the 500 block of Diversey Saturday afternoon to ask for help after allegedly being robbed.
Witnesses reportedly have offered descriptions of the offender to police.
• Another man was battered in an attempted robbery on the same block of Diversey last Wednesday morning. Before being treated at Weiss Hospital for his injuries, the victim described his attacker as a tall black man, 35- to 37-years-old, wearing a black skull cap and a black jacket. The would-be mugger was last seen running northbound on Cambridge from Diversey. (Case HX560601)
A sharp-eyed Wrigleyville resident who called 911 upon seeing a suspicious person enter a neighbor’s home Tuesday morning is being called an “outstanding witness” by police.
Police responded quickly to the call and took the burglar into custody as he tried to exit the front door of the home in the 3800 block of Fremont.
Other burglaries and attempts over the past few days;
– 1300 block of Henderson. Attempted garage break-in. Case HX560040
– 1200 block of Wellington. Bona fide burglary.
– 1400 block of Addison. Forcible entry burglary. Case HY102215
Then, There Were These
• January 2, 5:10PM — Battery in progress reported at the Ultimate Fighting Championship Gym, 3215 Broadway. Police arrive to find a customer “all mad because he lost a fight.” The customer decides to walk off when police arrive.
• January 2, 10:53PM — Officers assigned to the 19th district paddy wagon report that they are transporting a prisoner to the hospital to get pain medication for his fractured hip. Officers note that the man has “Fuck The Police” tattooed on his forehead.
• January 4, 12:47AM — Officers are asked to accompany the fire department to an apartment building in the 500 block of Cornelia where residents say water is flowing from their electrical outlets.