Chicago police are warning Lincoln Park residents about a string of garage burglaries.
Cops say over 20 garages have been hit—mostly after doors were left open or unlocked. High-end bikes and other property have been taken, they said.
Residents should ensure that they keep garage doors locked and windows secure, police said, while asking people to preserve video of any incidents that may be captured on camera.
Keep a record of property serial numbers is also recommended, they said.
The locations, dates, and approximate times of the incidents mentioned in the police alert follow. No offender description has been offered.
• 1000 blk West Webster, Thursday, June 8, in the morning.
• 1000 blk North Larrabee, Friday, June 9, in the afternoon.
• 2300 blk North Bosworth, Friday, June 16, in the afternoon.
• 2200 blk North Racine, Sunday, June 18, in the morning.
• 2000 blk North Halsted, Monday, June 19, in the morning.
• 1900 blk North Lincoln, between June 21-23, in the evening.
• 1700 blk North Fremont, between June 22-23, in the evening.
• 1300 blk North Cleveland, between June 28-30, in the evening.
• 2200 blk North Greenview, between June 8-9, in the evening.
• 1600 blk North Bissell, Tuesday, July 18, in the evening.
• 2200blk North Greenview, Thursday, July 20, in the morning.
• 2100 blk North Wayne, Sunday, July 23, in the evening.
• 2000 blk North Racine, between June 16-17 in the late evening to early morning.
If you have any information, contact Area Central detectives at (312)747-8380