A bike riding pervert continues to assault women across the North Side, pedaling up from behind and inappropriately touching them as he rides by, police say. Even more disturbing is the fact that many of the victims are with children at the time of the crimes.
Detectives have updated their warning about the man, which was first released on September 15 and centered on the Ravenswood and Lincoln Square neighborhoods.
In the new alert, police say the man has struck in a wider area—as early as September 3 and as recently as Sunday.
The man is a 25-40-year-old white or Hispanic man who often wears a dark baseball cap. The first warning indicated that the man rode a silver BMX-style bike, but the updated notice says he may also use a mountain style bike.
• 5900 block of N. Maplewood on September 3 at 3:15pm
• 1400 block of W. Pratt on September 14 at 9:49am
• 4400 block of N. Ravenswood on September 14 at 10:33am
• 4600 block of N. Campbell on September 14 at 10:45am
• 4800 block of N. Magnolia on September 14 at 10:55am
• 2300 block of W. Sunnyside on September 14 at 11:00am
• 2700 block of W. Bryn Mawr on September 14 at 11:25am
• 2200 block of W. Leland on September 20 at 12:30am
• 5000 block of N. Wolcott on September 24 at 12:30pm
Anyone with information about the suspect is asked to call Area North investigators at (312) 744-8200.