|Police said these men are suspects in the Loop robberies. | CPD|
At least five women have reported being attacked and robbed by a group of offenders in the Loop, police said, and cops have issued surveillance images of the suspects.
Police said the women were walking or standing on the sidewalk during afternoon or evening hours when groups of robbers began striking them with fists, knocking them to the ground, and kicking them. Phones and purses have been taken by the offenders who then run away from the scene.
Five cases have been connected to the pattern:
• The 300 block of East Wacker at 5:45 p.m. on Nov. 14th
• The first block of South Wabash at 6 p.m. on Nov. 14th
• The 100 block of West Lake at 10:15 p.m. on Nov. 15th
• The first block of East Wacker at 8 p.m. on Nov. 19th
• The 200 block of North Wells at 4:20 p.m. on Jan. 15th
Police are encouraging women in the Loop to be aware of their surroundings and to try to remember any unique physical characteristics of assailants.
Anyone with information about these incidents or the suspects may contact Area Central detectives at 312-747-8384 regarding pattern # P18-1-349A.
Will you help us recover the costs of operating CWBChicago? You can make a contribution or purchase a subscription HERE.