An armed robbery crew pulled off nine separate robberies in less than two hours on the city’s Near West Side and West Town early Friday, according to a community alert from Chicago police.
As CWBChicago first reported Friday morning, the police bulletin said masked gunmen emerged from a white vehicle and robbed victims at gunpoint on streets from Wicker Park and Bucktown to Ukrainian Village. One of the cars is believed to be a white Ford Fusion or Nissan that bears a stolen license plate beginning with AV646.
Police described two robbers in their alert:
- a Black male in his 20’s who stands 5’10” to 6’3” tall and weighs 190 to 250 pounds
- a Black male who stands 5’7” to 5’10” tall and weighs 150 to 180 pounds
One of the offenders wore a bright yellow shirt and a red bandana around his face, multiple victims said.
According to the CPD alert, the men are responsible for armed robberies Friday:
- in the 2100 block of North Leavitt at 12:31 a.m. and 12:32 a.m.
- in the 1300 block of North Paulina at 12:47 a.m.
- in the 2000 block of North Winchester at 12:38 a.m.
- in the 600 block of North Armour at 1:01 a.m.
- in the 1100 block of South Menard at 1:29 a.m.
- in the 1400 block of North Campbell at 2:11 a.m.
- in the 2500 block of West Iowa at 2:20 a.m.
- in the 1000 block of North Campbell at 2:20 a.m.
The men fired at least two gunshots during the robbery on the 1400 block of North Campbell, according to a police report. No one was injured.
Anyone with information about the robberies can contact Area Five detectives at 312-746-7394 regarding crime pattern 20-CWP-008.