Man on electronic monitoring for attempted murder had a loaded gun in his car Friday morning, prosecutors say

Rayvon Hall (2019) | CPD

A man who is on electronic monitoring while awaiting trial for attempted murder charges is now facing

You may remember Hall from Part 6 of our recent series about people on electronic monitoring in Chicago while awaiting trial for first-degree murder or attempted first-degree murder.

In June 2019, prosecutors accused Hall of organizing a shooting that left two victims and an alleged co-offender injured. Hall and his accomplice shot at two men standing next to a car, prosecutors said. One of the alleged victims, a concealed carry holder, reportedly returned fire, striking the accomplice.

A CPD surveillance camera recorded parts of the shooting.

Hall’s defense attorney argued during an initial bond hearing that he did not fire the initial shots. But Judge Mary Marubio was not swayed. She granted a state request to hold Hall without bail on June 15, 2019. According to court records, that was reduced to $750,000 and then reduced again to $225,000 with electronic monitoring last April.

At 5:03 Friday morning, police responded to a call of a driver asleep at the wheel on the 3500 block of South Rhodes and found Hall alone in the car, sitting in the driver’s seat, apparently experiencing a medical emergency, police and prosecutors said. EMS took Hall to the University of Chicago Hospital for treatment, and he remained hospitalized Saturday.

Meanwhile, police found a loaded handgun on the driver’s side floorboard of Hall’s car, prosecutors said.

They charged him with being a felon in possession of a firearm and driving without a license. According to prosecutors, he has previous felony convictions for unlawful use of a weapon in 2017 and narcotics in 2018.

His private defense attorney, Richard Fenbert, said Hall has two children and is in a relationship.

Judge Charles Beach ordered Hall held without bail for violating bail terms in his pending attempted murder case. Beach set bail on the new charges at $250,000.

“He’s currently on EM,” Beach noted. “I will add EM to this matter as well.”

Our original reporting is 100% reader-funded. Please make a contribution to our operating fund or purchase a subscription today.

About CWBChicago 6326 Articles
CWBChicago was created in 2013 by five residents of Wrigleyville and Boystown who had grown disheartened with inaccurate information that was being provided at local Community Policing (CAPS) meetings. Our coverage area has expanded since then to cover Lincoln Park, River North, The Loop, Uptown, and other North Side Areas. But our mission remains unchanged: To provide original public safety reporting with better context and greater detail than mainstream media outlets. Our editorial email address is news@cwbchicago.com