Burberry cannot catch a break. The luxe retailer’s Magnificent Mile location has fallen victim to shoplifting mobs, late-night burglary teams, and looters. On Thursday afternoon, it got hit again.
Officially, a police spokesperson said four offenders entered a store on the 600 block of North Michigan and walked out with an “unknown amount of handbags” around 12:35 p.m. The store is identified as Burberry in a preliminary CPD report.
One of the thieves punched a 25-year-old woman in the arm as they headed out the door, police said. She refused medical attention.
An initial estimate put today’s loss at around $35,000.
According to the spokesperson, the crew escaped in a stolen 2018 Nissan Maxima. CPD records show it was stolen in Hyde Park on Wednesday evening.
- Officers at the scene described the suspects as:
- a Black male in his 20s who stands about 5’4″ tall and weighs around 110 pounds. He wore a dark-colored puffy coat, jeans, and white basketball shoes.
- a Black male in his 20s wearing light blue pants and black boots. He’s about 5’10” tall and 160 to 170 pounds.
- a Black male in his 20s wearing red pants, red shoes, and a red coat or hoodie. He’s about 5’10” tall.
- a Black male wearing a black hoodie and black sweats with black gym shoes. He’s in his 20s, about 5’10” tall and 160 pounds.
Our original reporting is 100% reader-funded. Please contribute to our operating fund or purchase a subscription today.