Michigan man sexually abused 6-year-old in Rock ‘n’ Roll McDonald’s restroom, police say

Bryan Sutton | CPD

A 62-year-old man from Flint, Michigan, is charged with sexually abusing a 6-year-old boy inside the former Rock ‘n’ Roll McDonald’s over the weekend, according to Chicago police.

Bryan Sutton molested the child inside a restroom stall shortly after 6 p.m. Saturday, police said. He also allegedly attacked a 61-year-old male security guard who tried to detain him inside the restaurant, 600 North Clark Street.

Chicago police eventually tazed Sutton and took him into custody.

Prosecutors charged him with aggravated criminal sexual abuse of a child under age 13 and aggravated kidnapping. Sutton is due in bond court on Tuesday, and more details about the incident may emerge during the hearing.

On Sunday, police said the boy was taken to Lurie Children’s Hospital in good condition.

This is not the first allegation of a sex crime against a child in the McDonald’s restroom.

In February 2020, prosecutors charged 34-year-old Christopher Puente with sexually assaulting a 3-year-old girl inside the restaurant’s men’s room while her father was helping her brother, who had an “accident.”

Puente allegedly used his hand to silence the girl as she cried for her father. But the father managed to hear the commotion. He looked over the top of the stall, saw what was happening, and pulled the girl out.

Police said Puente admitted to placing his private parts against the girl’s, but he denied having intercourse with the child. He reportedly told cops that he was high at the time of the attack.

The case is still pending in criminal court, and Puente is being held in the Cook County jail without bail.

Our original reporting is 100% reader-funded. Please contribute to our operating fund or purchase a subscription today.

About CWBChicago 6563 Articles
CWBChicago was created in 2013 by five residents of Wrigleyville and Boystown who had grown disheartened with inaccurate information that was being provided at local Community Policing (CAPS) meetings. Our coverage area has expanded since then to cover Lincoln Park, River North, The Loop, Uptown, and other North Side Areas. But our mission remains unchanged: To provide original public safety reporting with better context and greater detail than mainstream media outlets. Our editorial email address is news@cwbchicago.com