CHICAGO — A two-man burglary team is targeting residential garages on the North Side, Chicago police said in a community alert Sunday. Cops have linked them to burglaries in Lincoln Park, Lakeview, and North Center.
The men enter garages through side doors and take property from the garages and from vehicles parked inside the garages, according to the alert. It said one of the burglars is Hispanic and the other is Black. They wear black ski masks, gray sweatshirts, and gloves.
Detectives have linked the men to burglaries in:
- the 2500 block of North Racine on Oct. 2 at 5:00 a.m.
- the 4100 block of North Hermitage on Oct. 3 at 1:00 a.m.
- the 4200 block of North Wolcott on Oct. 3 at 1:38 a.m. and 1:48 a.m.
- the 2400 block of West Cullom on Oct. 3 at 8:00 a.m.
- the 1200 block of West Nelson on Oct. 3 at 5:30 p.m.
- the 1500 block of West Oakdale on Oct. 7 at 1:30 a.m. and 1:38 a.m.
Police are advising residents to keep their properties well-lit and ensure their garages are secure.
Tips can be phoned in to detectives at 312-744-8263. Refer to crime pattern #P23-3-078.