UPDATE—CHRISTOPHER EVANS: Missing Man Acted "Paranoid"; Ran Off From Friends

Photo montage of Christopher Evans, who has been missing since early Sunday morning. Image: FindChristopher Evans

UPDATE 04 JULY 2013: Christopher’s body has been recovered from Belmont Harbor. Our condolences go out to the Evans family.

UPDATE 03 JULY 2013: The Chicago Tribune adds some critical information in a new report: The missing man “became nervous…and told friends to leave [Roscoe’s Tavern] right away.” He then ran eastbound on Roscoe Street alone. “He got very paranoid and didn’t want anybody around him…He just ran off,” according to his father.

Meanwhile, Evans’ mother tells CBS2 that police, “told me that they think somebody put something in his drink at this club called Roscoe’s.”
Chicago police are investigating the apparent disappearance of a 25 year-old Evergreen Park man early Sunday morning. Christopher Evans was last seen walking eastbound on Roscoe Street from Roscoe’s Tavern, where he had been celebrating Gay Pride as a “straight ally,” according to DNAinfo.com Evans was walking in the direction of his parked car, which has been located about three blocks from Roscoe’s at Broadway and Cornelia Avenue.

Friends say Evans is 6’1″ tall and weighs about 230 pounds.

Persons who may have information are asked to call Chicago police at 312-747-5789.

Evans is at least the third male in his 20’s to go missing after a night out in the Wrigleyville/Boystown area since 2010.

On May 1, 2010, 22-year-old Roosevelt University student Syed “Zain” Naqi disappeared after spending an evening with friends at Rebel Bar and Grille near Clark and Cornelia in Wrigleyville. Naqi’s father awoke the next day to find a final text from his son that came in while the father slept. It read, “Goodbye, Dad.” Naqi was found three weeks later inside his car, submerged in Belmont Harbor. Police believe Naqi intended to enter Lake Shore Drive, but he made a wrong turn and drove north on the concrete path along the harbor. His car went through the protective fence and fell into the water.

Then, on March 3 of last year, 28-year-old Philip Patnaude went missing after going out for a night of drinking with friends. Patanaude told friends that he was going to go to the lakefront and was last seen getting into a taxi cab near Broadway and Wellington Avenue. Divers found Patnaude’s body in the southwest corner of Belmont Harbor.

Related External Links
Find Christopher Evans Facebook page
Friends Searching for Man, Last Seen in Boystown at Lake View Patch
Man Disappears During Pride Weekend in Boystown, Friends Asking for Help at DNAinfo.com
Reddit post

UPDATED 3 JULY 2013: Added previous disappearances info.

About CWBChicago 4274 Articles
CWBChicago was created in 2013 by five residents of Wrigleyville and Boystown who had grown disheartened with inaccurate information that was being provided at local Community Policing (CAPS) meetings. Our coverage area has expanded since then to cover Lincoln Park, River North, The Loop, Uptown, and other North Side Areas. But our mission remains unchanged: To provide original public safety reporting with better context and greater detail than mainstream media outlets. Our editorial email address is news@cwbchicago.com