Two-and-a-half burglaries to report from Friday:
• 700 block of Belmont. Forcible entry to an apartment in a multi-unit building. Case HX282941
• 900 block of Barry. Unlawful entry. Case HX283061.
• And, then, a woman called 911 from her apartment in the 400 block of Surf at 9:20 Friday night after an unknown man wearing a hoodie broke through her window and got into her apartment. She chased him out into the hallway. This incident has been categorized as…. trespassing. Case HX283197.
Counterfeit money continues to make the rounds at area businesses. The latest batch of fakes are $50 bills.
• A fake $50 bill was passed at Mullen’s bar in Wrigleyville around 12:10 this morning. The men who used it are described as black men – one wearing a red Starter jacket, the other wearing a black Starter jacket.
• Another face $50 was passed around noontime on Tuesday at the Caribou Coffee on Halsted and Cornelia. That offender is described as male, black, in his late 30s or early 40s, 6’3″ tall, with missing front teeth.