|Marco Alvarado (Cook Co. Sheriff’s Office)|
UPDATED JULY 18: Alvarado today was ordered held without bond.
UPDATED 5:15PM: Marco Alvarado, 21, of Little Village was charged Friday with murder and robbery in the death of Jacob Klepacz on April 28th.
Another man is also believed to be in custody, but is not yet charged.
According to media reports from last summer, Alvarado was arrested in August 2013 after admitting to police officers that he “[had] a gun in my ass.”
Read about that incident at RedEye.
CWB’S breaking alert from 11:12 this morning follows..
Multiple police sources have confirmed to Crime in Wrigleyville and Boystown that at least one arrest has been made in connection with the April 28th murder of Jacob Klepacz.
Charges have not yet been approved by the State’s Attorney.
Our report is based on sources who have been highly reliable in the course of Jacob’s case as well as in other matters.
CWB will update as details become available.
- DEATH INVESTIGATION: Man Found Beaten On Fullerton Dies; Had Been In Wrigleyville, Streeterville
- SOURCE: Strangers, Beating Victim Met On Red Line
- LATEST: After Dugout, Jacob Klepacz Rode Red Line To Howard Terminal With Man Who Would Later Call 911
- UPDATE: Latest On The Jacob Klepacz Case
- JACOB KLEPACZ: Friends Set Up Social Media, Flyer Campaign; An Unfortunate Coincidence
- KLEPACZ CASE: Cops Offer Nothing At Community Meeting; “Extremely Concerning”
- JACOB KLEPACZ CASE: The Long Wait For “Science”