A pickpocket spree on CTA trains and near CTA stations in our neighborhood is the topic of a fresh alert from Chicago Police.
Detectives say victims traveling alone have been targeted at CTA stations or “in a CTA conveyance” passing through our area by one or two offenders who surreptitiously took valuables from the victims’ pockets.
Among the locations and times of related incidents:
· 900 block of W. Belmont on October 25, 2014 at 5:00pm.
· 1100 block of W. Wilson on October 25, 2014 at 8:30pm.
· 900 block of W. Addison on October 31, 2014 at 1:00am.
· 900 block of W. Fullerton on November 6, 2014 at 4:00pm.
· 600 block of W. Deming on November 6, 2014 at 10:30pm.
· 900 block of W. Wellington on November 15, 2014 at 9:00pm.
· 900 block of W. Belmont on November 22, 2014 at 3:30am.
The police alert states that the department has no “definitive description” of the offenders “due to the nature of these crimes.”
However, a CWB source has told us that officers arrested a man in connection with the incident aboard a CTA train at 3:30AM on November 22. They had to let the man go because the victim refused to sign a complaint.
That suspect, who is currently on parole, has a long list of imprisonments for theft, marijuana trafficking, and aggravated battery. He is a 58-year-old black man, 6′ tall, 240 pounds, with a scar on the inside of his left forearm. CWB is withholding his name and photo because he has not been charged with any of the pocket-picking incidents.
Police are asking victims or those with additional information to call Area North Detectives at 312.744.8263 and refer to alert #P14-N-202(CA) or case numbers HX483889, HX482289, HX489370, HX517728, HX498851, HX511693, and HX515918.