An 18-year-old Calumet City man faces charges of burglary, unlawful use of a weapon, and possession of burglary tools after police found him inside an apartment building in the 1300 block of Waveland.
Officers went to the location at 2:30PM on March 12 after a motorist reported seeing a man use a pry bar to force his way through the main door.
On-scene, cops say they saw Anthony Clark emerge from a stairwell dressed in a black winter hat and winter gloves. It was 57-degrees that afternoon.
“Man, I was just visiting a friend in this building,” Clark allegedly told officers, “but I don’t remember his name.”
Police searched Clark and allegedly found a stun gun in his pocket and a pry bar in his “immediate area.” Bail is set at $50,000.
Other Burglary Reports
• A Boystown man called police at 5:55 this morning to report seeing an unknown person walking out of his apartment in the 900 block of Cornelia. The victim described the prowler only as having worn a dark jacket and white hoodie.
• 3400 block of Marshfield. Forcible entry burglary. Believed to have occurred between 8AM and noon on Saturday, March 21.
• 800 block of Sheridan. Burglars bent a wrought iron gate and kicked in the glass door to remove the cash register and petty cash from a mom & pop convenience store. Discovered on the morning of Tuesday, March 24.
• 1100 block of Addison. A senior citizen said a man driving a red pick-up truck came to her door looking for a parking space. While she showed him to a spot in back, someone else entered her front door and took jewelry from her bedroom. Offenders were described as two Hispanic men in their 20’s. Monday, March 16, at 12:20PM.
• 3400 Lake Shore Drive. Burglary via unlawful entry to a condominium residence. Reported on Wednesday, March 25, at 3:30PM.
• 3500 block of Lakewood. Burglars gained entry by breaking through a rear porch window, then stole “technical stuff” such as computers. Reported on Wednesday, March 25, at 5:40PM.
• 900 block of Dakin. Apartment burglary reported at 9AM on March 11.
• 3400 block of Lake Shore Drive. Forcible entry to an apartment. Reported at 11AM March 19.
CWBChicago was created in 2013 by five residents of Wrigleyville and Boystown who had grown disheartened with inaccurate information that was being provided at local Community Policing (CAPS) meetings.
Our coverage area has expanded since then to cover Lincoln Park, River North, The Loop, Uptown, and other North Side Areas. But our mission remains unchanged: To provide original public safety reporting with better context and greater detail than mainstream media outlets.
Our editorial email address is firstname.lastname@example.org