A Lincoln Park woman Wednesday became the latest resident to come face-to-face with our area’s burgeoning burglar population.
The victim told police that she woke up just before 5 o’clock this morning and discovered an unknown man in her living room in the 800 block of Lill. The intruder, who had entered through the back, ran out of the woman’s front door upon being discovered.
Nothing was taken in the incident, which will not be recorded in Chicago police department crime statistics because the victim did not file a report.
The intruder was only described as being a man in a blue hoodie.
Other burglaries to report:
- A break-in was discovered moments after it occurred around 5AM Sunday in the 1000 block of Byron.
- Another burglar forced their way into an apartment in the 400 block of Barry on Tuesday. The break-in was discovered at 8:40PM.
- Tuesday, April 28 at approximately 11PM: Forced entry to a restaurant in the 2500 block of Lincoln.
- Tuesday, April 28: Unlawful entry to a residence in the 3600 block of Marshfield.
- Wednesday, April 29 around 2:30AM: Burglary by unlawful entry of a bar.
- Sunday, April 26: Forcible entry to an apartment in the 3700 block of Pine Grove.
A map of all burglaries reported in the 19th district over the past two weeks can be found here.
Image: Michelle Sigona