|Wallace (L) and Wilson|
It’s gonna be Christmas behind bars for several defendants in local robberies and burglaries who entered plea deals last week:
• Garry Wallace and Melvin Wilson pleaded guilty to participating in a botched Lakeview home invasion that targeted the brother of Wallace’s girlfriend in September 2014. Facing more than a dozen counts each, both men reached deals allowing them to plead guilty to one count of robbery. Wilson got a 4-year sentence and Wallace—who famously told arresting officers “I didn’t have a gun. I just took some shit.“—received 3 years. The girlfriend/sister, Bryna Wolowic, is due back in court on January 25.
• One of two men accused of threatening pedestrians with a rifle-like paintball gun in Lakeview and nearby Lincoln Park last September pleaded guilty to one count of attempted robbery. LeDonte Washington received a 3-year sentence in the case, which stems from an incident in which the pair allegedly demanded a pedestrian’s shoes while brandishing the paintball gun. Washington’s alleged partner in crime, Raheem McCaskill, is due back in court on February 9.
|Sanchez (L) and De Valle|
• A boy-girl teen duo that had been arrested together several times for painting graffiti across the North Side is now heading off to separate prisons after pleading guilty to brandishing a hammer while robbing a CTA passenger on board a Red Line train as it approached the Belmont station in March. Danny Sanchez received a 7-year sentence while Nancy De Valle received a 6-year term.
• Robert German, who’s been sentenced to a combined 97 years in prison since 1976 can add another 10 years to his total after pleading guilty to burglarizing a Lakeview woman’s home while she showered this summer. German had been on parole for 16 days at the time of his arrest.
• Jerry Cotton, a career criminal who was arrested as he filled a garbage can with items that he was stealing from garages and cars in the 1300 block of W. Belmont last month, pleaded guilty to one count of attempted burglary. Sentence: 4 years.