Despite a couple of recent arrests, burglaries continue to be reported at breakneck speed around Lakeview, Lincoln Park, and neighboring communities.
An employee arrived for work Saturday morning at Farm Bar, 1300 W. Wellington, only to find that Lakeview restaurant had been burglarized overnight. Surveillance images of a suspect have been posted to Facebook. A second person was also involved, according to information posted with the pix.
“All of our staff were OK, thankfully,” a Farm Bar manager wrote, “but we did lose a laptop and a good amount of cash.”
The Break-In List
• Home burglary. 1700 block of W. Newport. Tuesday, April 12.
• Home burglary. 1200 block of W. Montana. Tuesday, April 12, at 3:30AM. (Victim woke up to find her back door open and her purse missing.)
• Home burglary. 2600 block of N. Hermitage. Monday, April 11.
• Another home burglary. 2900 block of N. Hermitage. Also on April 11. (The victim told police that the burglary took place while they were sleeping at night.)
• Apartment break-in. 800 block of W. Roscoe on Sunday, April 10.
• Burglary of a dry cleaner, 2500 block of N. Southport. Saturday, April 9.
• Burglary of a home in the 2300 block of N. Ashland. Also on Saturday, April 9.
• Burglary of an apartment. 2800 block of N. Cambridge. Wednesday, April 6.
• Burglary of a home in the 2400 block of N. Ashland. April 6.
And, finally, these cases have been reported according to police records:
|DATE||BLOCK||TYPE OF ENTRY||LOCATION|
|3/31/2016 8:00:00||1100 W BARRY AVE||FORCIBLE ENTRY||OTHER|
|3/31/2016 12:00:00||3900 N JANSSEN AVE||UNLAWFUL ENTRY||APARTMENT|
|4/1/2016 7:00:00||4200 N KENMORE AVE||UNLAWFUL ENTRY||GARAGE|
|4/1/2016 13:00:00||900 W ROSCOE ST||ATTEMPT||APARTMENT|
|4/1/2016 23:26:00||1700 W FULLERTON AVE||FORCIBLE ENTRY||RETAIL STORE|
|4/2/2016 0:01:00||2500 N ASHLAND AVE||UNLAWFUL ENTRY||APARTMENT|
|4/3/2016 17:00:00||1500 W ALTGELD ST||UNLAWFUL ENTRY||APARTMENT|
|4/3/2016 19:15:00||4700 N CLARENDON AVE||FORCIBLE ENTRY||APARTMENT|
|4/4/2016 6:30:00||4400 N WOLCOTT AVE||FORCIBLE ENTRY||APARTMENT|
|4/4/2016 9:30:00||2700 N GREENVIEW AVE||UNLAWFUL ENTRY||RESIDENCE|
|4/4/2016 21:00:00||3400 N HALSTED ST||UNLAWFUL ENTRY||OTHER|
|4/4/2016 23:00:00||2900 N ASHLAND AVE||UNLAWFUL ENTRY||GARAGE|
|4/5/2016 8:00:00||900 W CUYLER AVE||UNLAWFUL ENTRY||APARTMENT|
|4/5/2016 10:00:00||2400 N ASHLAND AVE||UNLAWFUL ENTRY||RESIDENCE|
|4/5/2016 16:00:00||3800 N CLARK ST||FORCIBLE ENTRY||RETAIL STORE|
“Forcible entry” means that the offenders forced their way in, typically by breaking through a door or window. “Unlawful Entry” means that no force was used–a window left unlocked, for example.