|These two images of the suspect were released tonight by Area North detectives. | Chicago Police|
For the second time in a month, Chicago police are warning businesses about a filthy clothes-loving, heavy-set robber who is targeting stores and restaurants in a streak of hold-ups.
|The man is seen during the robbery of a Subway restaurant in the 3900 block of North Sheridan | Chicago Police|
The new alert is coming after the suspect held up three more stores on Wednesday—one each in Bucktown, Austin, and Humboldt Park.
Cops say the man enters businesses and demands cash, sometimes while displaying a knife or implying that he has a gun.
They say he’s white or Hispanic, 30-40 years old, 5’5” to 5’11” and 200-280 pounds. He typically wears a sports-related baseball hat and—from our own observation—disgustingly dirty clothing.
Seven robberies have been connected to the man, police said today:
• in the 2800 block of N. Ashland on May 12 at 01:50 a.m.
• in the 3900 block of N. Sheridan on May 13 at 03:00 a.m.
• in the 2800 block of N. Ashland on May 30 at 02:34 a.m.
• in the 2400 block of N. Milwaukee on May 30 at 10:53 p.m.
• in the 4400 block of W. Grand on Jun 21 at 09:37 a.m.
• in the 4700 block of W. North on Jun 21 at 09:52 a.m.
• in the 1900 block of W. Fullerton on Jun 21 at 07:33 p.m.
Anyone with information about the suspect or these robberies is asked to call Area North detectives at (312) 744-8263.