Lakeview Man Charged With Raping A THIRD Woman (But At Least He’s Not On Electronic Monitoring Anymore)

Walters is charged with raping three different women over the course of three years in his Lakeview apartment.

Already accused of two rapes, a Lakeview man is now charged with a third sexual assault. The good news, if there is any, is that a judge has finally decided that the guy shouldn’t be on electronic monitoring anymore.

Robert W. Walters, 44, was arrested last week at his apartment in the 600 block of West Diversey after investigators connected him to a rape that he allegedly committed last summer while he was already under investigation for two other sexual assaults.

Walters is now charged with one more count of criminal sexual assault and he’s been ordered held without bail. He had been on electronic monitoring, even after being charged with his second sexual attack last winter.

The new charge came after a 27-year-old woman identified Walters in a photo array as the man who brought her to his residence against her will and sexually assaulted her by force on July 16 last year, prosecutors said.

At the time, Walters was already under investigation for two other rape allegations that police said were “of a similar nature.”

One month after last July’s attack, Walters was charged with raping an intoxicated 21-year-old woman that he picked up outside the old Castle Nightclub at 632 North Dearborn in 2013.

A DNA sample from that attack had finally been tested and pointed to Walters, prosecutors said.

The woman told police that Walters took her to his apartment on Diversey and sexually assaulted her as she drifted in and out of consciousness, according to charging papers.

Walters was initially held on $5 million bail, but Judge Carol M. Howard would later cut that to $200,000.

You can support CWB’s newsgathering with a donation to our operating fund.

In November, Walters was charged with a second sexual assault that involved a 26-year-old woman that he met on OkCupid. Walters and the woman met in Wrigleyville around Christmastime 2014, according to prosecutors.

The woman later told police that she was uncomfortable with Walters’ behavior during the date, but she agreed to get into his car on the premise of going to another bar. Instead, Walters drove her to his apartment building and pulled her into his unit where he forcibly raped her, prosecutors said.

More than a year later, testing finally confirmed that Walters’ DNA was found on the victim, prosecutors said.

When Walters showed up in court for his second rape case, Judge Maria Kuriakos Ciesil set bail at just $75,000. Walters went free on electronic monitoring.

Email      Facebook       Twitter       YouTube
About CWBChicago 4274 Articles
CWBChicago was created in 2013 by five residents of Wrigleyville and Boystown who had grown disheartened with inaccurate information that was being provided at local Community Policing (CAPS) meetings. Our coverage area has expanded since then to cover Lincoln Park, River North, The Loop, Uptown, and other North Side Areas. But our mission remains unchanged: To provide original public safety reporting with better context and greater detail than mainstream media outlets. Our editorial email address is