|Wanted suspect image from CPD|
Detectives now have a photo of the man wanted for robbing a string of stores at knifepoint across the city. The August 4 holdup of a Lincoln Square jewelry store is among the heists that the man is responsible for, police said in an updated community alert.
Eight hold-ups are now connected to the man and four of the robberies have taken place since police first warned about him on August 14.
In each case, a Hispanic man armed with a knife has entered a business during operating hours and demanded valuables.
Cops say the offender is 5’10” to 6’1” tall, 160-220 pounds, and 20-37 years old. He has black hair and brown eyes with a physical impairment on the left eye.
On August 4, the offender walked into the Nomadic Ant, 4604 North Western, around 5:20 p.m. and placed a knife to the side of an employee’s chest. After demanding “all of the money,” the man fled southbound on Western Avenue with cash.
He is now wanted for the following robberies:
• 4700 block of West Fullerton Avenue on July 28 at 5:16 p.m.
• 4300 block of South Archer Avenue on August 3 at 12:20 p.m.
• 4600 block of North Western Avenue on August 4 at 5:30 p.m.
• 3500 block of West 26th Street on August 7 at 12:41 p.m.
• 2400 block of West Armitage Avenue on August 14 at 10:56 a.m.
• 2700 block of West Cermak Road on August 17 at 11:10 a.m.
• 1500 block of North Western Avenue on August 18 at 9:25 a.m.
• 6600 block of South Pulaski Avenue on August 18 at 1:05 p.m.
Anyone with information about the offender is asked to call Area North detectives at 312-744-8263 or Area Central detectives at 312-747-8382