Felon Who Fired Gun During Cubs Street Party Gets 7 Years

Hoytuan Pierce fired the gun here, in the 3400 block of North Clark Street, police said. | Google; CPD

A three-time convicted violent felon who was on parole when he allegedly fired off a handgun during a Cubs playoff victory street party in Wrigleyville is going to prison.

Hoytuan Pierce was 31-years-old when he opened fire outside of Roadhouse 66, 3478 North Clark, as partiers were wrapping up a Cubs Division League Series victory over the St. Louis Cardinals on October 13, 2015. No one was struck by the gunfire.

A significant police presence in the area due to the Cubs game allowed cops to execute a near-immediate arrest and Pierce was charged with reckless discharge of a firearm and being an armed habitual criminal.

Pierce’s parole for his second DUI was revoked, and the state sent him back to prison.

While he sat behind bars, the Wrigleyville case was handed over to federal prosecutors. In December, he pleaded guilty to a federal charge of illegal possession of a firearm by a felon.

Today, he was sentenced to seven years in federal prison. He faced up to 10 years under federal guidelines.

Before the Wrigleyville incident, Pierce’s record included convictions for robbery, aggravated battery, being a felon in possession of a firearm, and two DUIs, according to court data.

Police say Pierce is a member of the Latin Kings street gang.

Email      Facebook       Twitter       YouTube
About CWBChicago 4275 Articles
CWBChicago was created in 2013 by five residents of Wrigleyville and Boystown who had grown disheartened with inaccurate information that was being provided at local Community Policing (CAPS) meetings. Our coverage area has expanded since then to cover Lincoln Park, River North, The Loop, Uptown, and other North Side Areas. But our mission remains unchanged: To provide original public safety reporting with better context and greater detail than mainstream media outlets. Our editorial email address is news@cwbchicago.com