Almost three months after a dozen North Side women reported being groped by a man on a bicycle, Chicago police say there’s been another incident. This time, they have a photo of the suspect.
Police have not officially connected the latest incident with the assaults they detailed in a September community alert. But the cases have similar details and suspect descriptions.
|This man is wanted for the Friday morning assault in the 3200 block of West Foster, police said. | CPD|
Cops just released this image of a man who they say approached a woman from behind and inappropriately touched her through her clothing in the 3200 block of West Foster around 9:20 this morning.
The victim was walking when he approached her, then he climbed onto his bike and fled northbound on Sawyer, police said.
The suspect is a Hispanic man in his early- to mid-20’s who stands about 5’7” tall and weighs 160-170 pounds, according to the police alert. He was last seen wearing a black and red jacket with the word “CHICAGO” written on the back.
Anyone with information about the suspect is asked to call Area North detectives at (312) 744-8261.
This autumn, police warned of a 25- 40-year-old white or Hispanic man who had ridden up on women and touched them inappropriately as they walked. Cases were reported in Ravenswood, Uptown, Lincoln Square and beyond:
• 5900 block of N. Maplewood on September 3 at 3:15pm
• 1400 block of W. Pratt on September 14 at 9:49am
• 4400 block of N. Ravenswood on September 14 at 10:33am
• 4600 block of N. Campbell on September 14 at 10:45am
• 4800 block of N. Magnolia on September 14 at 10:55am
• 2300 block of W. Sunnyside on September 14 at 11:00am
• 2700 block of W. Bryn Mawr on September 14 at 11:25am
• 2200 block of W. Leland on September 20 at 12:30am
• 5000 block of N. Wolcott on September 24 at 12:30pm