On Probation For Robbery, Bucket Boy Is Charged With Mugging Man In Loop

Bucket boy Taisean Harris is accused of robbing a man in the Loop on Saturday afternoon. | CPD; LoopNorth

One of Chicago’s omnipresent “bucket boys” is charged with robbing a North Side man in the Loop on Saturday afternoon. And the accused drummer just happens to be on probation for mugging a woman on the South Side in 2016.

Taisean Harris, 19, pushed a man and took his cellphone on the corner of State and Adams around 3:15 p.m. Saturday, police said. Cops who said they saw the incident unfold took Harris into custody minutes later on the subway platform at 230 South State. The victim’s phone was recovered from Harris and returned to his victim, police said.

Harris is charged with felony robbery and felony theft.

Court records show that Harris pleaded guilty in August 2016 to robbing a woman of her phone as they rode a CTA bus in the New City neighborhood on May 31, 2016.  At sentencing, Judge Kenneth Wadas gave Harris two-years probation and ordered him to get his GED or a high school diploma.

In court this weekend, Judge Mary Marubio ordered Harris held without bail on a violation of probation motion. Marubio also ordered Harris held in lieu of a $15,000 deposit bail, a 24-hour curfew, and electronic monitoring for the new robbery case.

———-
Email      Facebook       Twitter       YouTube
About CWBChicago 4360 Articles
CWBChicago was created in 2013 by five residents of Wrigleyville and Boystown who had grown disheartened with inaccurate information that was being provided at local Community Policing (CAPS) meetings. Our coverage area has expanded since then to cover Lincoln Park, River North, The Loop, Uptown, and other North Side Areas. But our mission remains unchanged: To provide original public safety reporting with better context and greater detail than mainstream media outlets.