Man Charged In Lincoln Square Home Invasion That Left Accomplice Dead

Slobodan Pesovic | Chicago Police Dept

A 31-year-old man who forced his way into a Lincoln Square family’s home and then shot his 43-year-old accomplice to death on the victims’ front porch on January 30 is in custody, police said. He had been in police custody since Tuesday.

Slobodan Pesovic was charged today with murder, home invasion, and discharging a firearm. He is due in bond court tomorrow.

While Pesovic lists a home in the Belmont Cragin neighborhood, he spent much of his adult life in far north suburban Ingleside, according to a source.

Lake County court records show that family members and others were granted a series of protective orders against Pesovic between 2006 and 2015.  He was convicted of violating an order of protection in Highland Park five years ago, earning a 180-day sentence. A shoplifting case in 2005 brought a sentence of court supervision. In 2011, Pesovic was convicted of resisting police in DuPage County. He was sentenced to four days.

Around 9:50 p.m. last Tuesday, two masked men were confronted at the front door of a home in the 2400 block of West Eastwood by several family members who live at the address, police said. At some point, one of the offenders pulled out a gun and opened fire, fatally shooting his accomplice in the head.

Morales | Chicago Police Dept

Town Hall Police Commander Marc Buslik said the next day that the family had been targeted because the offenders knew they owned a business and suspected there may be a large sum of cash in the home.

Pronounced dead at the scene was Luis “Spanky” Morales, a member of the Latin Kings street gang with a long history of criminal violence.

Penny Ante 

Compared to Morales’ past, Pekovic’s criminal record in Chicago is relatively minor.

In October 2015, Chicago police arrested Pesovic in the 25th District’s parking lot after he tried to retrieve his car following an arrest. Pesovic skipped bail in the case and was eventually sentenced to six months court supervision, which he completed successfully, according to records.

———-
Email      Facebook       Twitter       YouTube
About CWBChicago 4363 Articles
CWBChicago was created in 2013 by five residents of Wrigleyville and Boystown who had grown disheartened with inaccurate information that was being provided at local Community Policing (CAPS) meetings. Our coverage area has expanded since then to cover Lincoln Park, River North, The Loop, Uptown, and other North Side Areas. But our mission remains unchanged: To provide original public safety reporting with better context and greater detail than mainstream media outlets.