Now it’s official. Area North detectives this afternoon released a business alert that warns about a series of late-night burglaries to salons, restaurants, and shops throughout the 19th (Town Hall) District.
CWBChicago previously reported on the pattern yesterday evening and on Sunday.
The alert says an offender has been making entry to businesses at off-hours by breaking the front door or window glass. Nail and hair salons are a favorite target of the thief, police said.
No description of the burglar is available, but police say the suspect is male, he carries a backpack, and he has left some of the burglaries on a bike.
Police included a list of the following burglary locations, dates, and times:
• 2700 block of North Clybourn, between January 21 – January 22
• 1800 block of West Wilson, on January 27 around 6:30am
• 1400 block of West Irving Park, between February 6 – February 7
• 2300 block of West Montrose, between Feb 10 and Feb 11
• 4300 block of North Broadway, between Feb 24,2018 and Feb 25,2018
• 4500 block of North Western, on March 6 between 7:00am-7:20am
• 1700 block of West Fullerton, between March 14 and March 15
• 1800 block of West Diversey on March 15 between 1:45am-2:15am
• 900 block of West Buena on March 15 between 3:00am-6:00am
• 600 block of West Cornelia between March 19 and March 20
• 1700 block of West Diversey on March 26 between 7:30pm-8:54pm
• 2600 block of West Addison on March 26 around 10:48pm