Chicago police have issued a community alert about parked cars being stolen in the Streeterville and River North neighborhoods. Detectives typically issue alerts when they believe a series of crimes is being committed by the same offender or group of offenders.
Between June 6th and last Thursday, five cars have were stolen “by unknown means” while they were parked on the street, according to the alert. Four of the thefts took place during daylight hours.
|Approximate locations of the auto thefts.
Police provided the following dates, times, and locations for the thefts:
• 400 block of East Ontario at noon on June 6
• 90 East Grand at noon on June 12
• 500 block of North Columbus between 6 a.m. and 3 p.m. on June 21
• 10 East Ontario at 4:37 p.m. on June 21
• 100 block of East Ohio at 12:10 a.m. on June 28
The alert recommends paying special attention to people who are loitering in the area. Anyone with information about the thefts can contact Area Central detectives at (312) 747-8380.