|Approximate locations of the burglaries listed by police.|
Burglars are breaking into garages on the North Side “almost exclusively” to steal bicycles, according to a new community alert from Chicago police.
In the warning, police said the break-ins have been happening during overnight hours in North Center, Lakeview, and Lincoln Park since July 22nd. Some of the garages were left unlocked, but others were entered by “unknown means,” police said.
Five cases were listed in the alert:
• In the 1800 block of West Eddy on July 22-23
• In the 1500 block of West Montana on July 23-24
• In the 2400 block of West Bradley on July 25-26
• In the 1500 block of West Melrose on July 27-28
• In the 4000 block of North Campbell on July 28-29
Community alerts are typically issued when investigators believe that a series of crimes is the work of the same individual or group. Anyone with information about the burglaries can contact Area North detectives at (312) 744-8263.
Back CWB’s reporting team and we’ll reward you with members-only reports and services all year long. Join HERE for just $49 a year or $5 a month.