Here is a run-down of Wednesday’s developments as police try to locate the gunman who killed two Rogers Park men in separate point-blank shootings on Sunday morning and Monday night:
Community members packed the Loyola Park Fieldhouse on Wednesday evening to be briefed on the investigation by police and to ask questions of authorities. Key information:
• Police pointed to the suspect’s unusual walking style as a feature that may help with his identification. The man walks with his feet pointing outward, police said.
• Police believe the shooter lives in the Rogers Park area or nearby. An officer told the crowd “somebody in this room” likely knows the killer.
• Investigators have more information and images than have been released to the public, but no clear motive for the killings has been found.
• Over 40 detectives are assigned to the shootings of Watts and the subsequent killing of 24-year-old Eliyahu Moscowitz in Loyola Park on Monday night. Police on Tuesday said the same gun killed both men and they believe the same man did, too.
• Persons with information were asked to call investigators at 312-744-8200 or to submit tips anonymously via www.cpdtip.com