|Police highlighted the shooter’s unusual walk—his toes point out. | CPD|
Here is a run-down of Wednesday’s developments as police try to locate the gunman who killed two Rogers Park men in separate point-blank shootings on Sunday morning and Monday night:
• Police released video of the suspect as he walked the final few yards before fatally shooting Willard “Douglass” Watts in the 1400 block of West Sherwin around 10:07 a.m. on Sunday. Also released was video of the man running down a nearby alley after Watts’ slaying.
Community members packed the Loyola Park Fieldhouse on Wednesday evening to be briefed on the investigation by police and to ask questions of authorities. Key information:
• Police pointed to the suspect’s unusual walking style as a feature that may help with his identification. The man walks with his feet pointing outward, police said.
• Police believe the shooter lives in the Rogers Park area or nearby. An officer told the crowd “somebody in this room” likely knows the killer.
• Investigators have more information and images than have been released to the public, but no clear motive for the killings has been found.
• Over 40 detectives are assigned to the shootings of Watts and the subsequent killing of 24-year-old Eliyahu Moscowitz in Loyola Park on Monday night. Police on Tuesday said the same gun killed both men and they believe the same man did, too.
• Persons with information were asked to call investigators at 312-744-8200 or to submit tips anonymously via www.cpdtip.com