|Approximate locations of the robberies|
A street robber is grabbing people from behind, dragging them into alleys or secluded places, and taking their valuables in the River North and Old Town neighborhoods, according to Chicago police.
The offender struck six times between Jan. 10 and Jan. 19, according to a newly-released community alert. Detectives typically issue alerts when they believe a series of crimes have been committed by a single offender.
Police said the attacks took place at the following locations:
• 600 block of West Elm at 6:25 p.m. on Jan. 10
• 100 block of West Kinzie at 1:57 a.m. on Jan. 11
• 800 block of North Sedgwick at 8:30 p.m. on Jan. 11
• 1400 block of North Wells at 2:40 a.m. on Jan. 12
• 100 block of West Division at 10:30 p.m. on Jan. 17
• 1500 block of North Larrabee at 3:30 a.m. on Jan. 19
The offender is a black male in his 30’s who stands between 5’8” and 6-feet tall, according to the alert. He weighs 180 to 200 pounds and has been seen wearing a black hooded sweatshirt.
Persons with information about these incidents may contact Area Central investigators at 312-747-8380 about case #P19-1-033.
Support CWBChicago’s reporting team with a monthly or annual subscription. Members-only perks await!