5 in custody after man’s beaten unconscious, cut during brawl at downtown McDonald’s

A group of offenders knocked a man unconscious and one of the attackers cut the victim with a knife during a brawl early Sunday inside the McDonald’s at 10 East Chicago, near the Magnificent Mile. A second man was less seriously injured, police said. Five people are in custody.

Police said the victims were inside the restaurant when a group that was armed with pepper spray and a knife began throwing things at them around 4:06 a.m. The offenders fled the scene in a vehicle, but police located the car a few minutes later and arrested five suspects, according to a CPD spokesperson.

A 37-year-old man received a three-inch laceration on his head, was knocked unconscious, and suffered a seizure on the restaurant floor, a witness said. That man was transported to Northwestern Memorial Hospital.

Police said a 46-year-old man who was also injured declined medical treatment.

Three men and two women were being questioned by Area North detectives on Sunday.

CWBChicago will post an update when charges are approved.

——
Facts first. 100% reader-funded. No influencers. Click here to support CWBChicago today.
———-
Email      Facebook       Twitter       YouTube
About CWBChicago 4363 Articles
CWBChicago was created in 2013 by five residents of Wrigleyville and Boystown who had grown disheartened with inaccurate information that was being provided at local Community Policing (CAPS) meetings. Our coverage area has expanded since then to cover Lincoln Park, River North, The Loop, Uptown, and other North Side Areas. But our mission remains unchanged: To provide original public safety reporting with better context and greater detail than mainstream media outlets.