2 girls, ages 15 and 16, charged in Red Line attacks

Police released these CTA surveillance images of suspects wanted in connection with the robbery of Red Line Passengers on Dec. 29. | CPD

Two girls, one age 16 and the other age 15, turned themselves in to authorities Saturday after investigators published images of them in connection with the robbery and battery of two CTA Red Line passengers, police said. Four other suspects remain at large.

Prosecutors charged each girl with one felony count of robbery and two felony counts of aggravated battery in a public place. They are due in juvenile court on Monday.

Police released these CTA surveillance images of suspects wanted in connection with the robbery of Red Line Passengers on Dec. 29. | CPD

Police said the two were part of a six-person group that attacked and robbed two female passengers on the Red Line at the Roosevelt station around 6:40 p.m. on Dec. 29.

The girls admitted to participating in the robbery and to punching and kicking the victims, police said.

Police released these CTA surveillance images of suspects wanted in connection with the robbery of Red Line Passengers on Dec. 29. | CPD

Detectives continue to search for two males and two females in connection with the crime.

Back CWB’s reporting team and we’ll reward you with members-only reports and services all year long. Join HERE for just $49 a year or $5 a month.

About CWBChicago 6689 Articles
CWBChicago was created in 2013 by five residents of Wrigleyville and Boystown who had grown disheartened with inaccurate information that was being provided at local Community Policing (CAPS) meetings. Our coverage area has expanded since then to cover Lincoln Park, River North, The Loop, Uptown, and other North Side Areas. But our mission remains unchanged: To provide original public safety reporting with better context and greater detail than mainstream media outlets. Our editorial email address is news@cwbchicago.com