A Chicago man has been sentenced to four years in prison for his role in a robbery aboard a Red Line train in the Loop last year. And one of his co-defendants, who was freed on an affordable bail of just $200, has gone AWOL, according to court records.
A 39-year-old man told police that two men, a woman, and a female juvenile robbed him on a train at the State-Lake station in April 2019.
The victim said 26-year-old Alija Olds of the Gold Coast pointed a gun to his head and then to his stomach as he took valuables from the victim’s pockets. Two females and 19-year-old Nathaniel Goodwin then battered the man and a 17-year-old boy who was also on the train, prosecutors said.
The robbery victim suffered bruising and swelling of his head, face, and body, police said.
Now, Goodwin has pleaded guilty to aggravated battery of a transit worker. Judge Earl Hoffenberg sentenced him to a four year prison sentence with 185 days credit for time served awaiting trial. Goodwin is scheduled to be released early on April 20, 2022, according to state records.
But 20-year-old De’Ovenonna Thomas, who’s charged with Class X felony armed robbery and battery, has gone missing from electronic monitoring after she posted just $200 to get out of jail, according to court records.
Olds is on bail awaiting trial, but he has continued to show up for court appearances.