Police are warning about series of auto burglaries that have been reported in parking garages around the Loop, West Loop, and nearby neighborhoods. The thief — or thieves — has struck vehicles in at least eight different garages since April 23, according to an alert from Area 3 detectives.
The burglar is breaking car windows to gain access to valuables inside, police said.
Incidents have been reported:
- on the first block of East 16th between April 23 and April 25
- on the first block of East Washington at 8:13 a.m. April 29
- on the 200 block of South Franklin on the morning of April 29
- on the 600 block of West Monroe on the afternoon of May 4
- on the 100 block of North Franklin at 10:25 a.m. May 5
- on the 1200 block of South Indiana between midnight and 8 a.m. May 6
- on the 600 block of West Monroe at 9 a.m. May 12
- on the 100 block of North State at 1 p.m. May 14
Police did not provide any suspect descriptions.
Victims should not leave valuables inside parked cars, police advised in their alert.
Anyone with information about the incidents can contact Area 3 detectives at 312-744-8263 regarding crime pattern P20-3-104.
Facts first. 100% reader-funded. Click here to support CWBChicago today.