Parolee committed 3 robberies in 2 hours at Jackson Red Line, prosecutors say

Terry Davis | CPD

Prosecutors on Saturday charged a Chicago man with committing three separate robberies in about two hours at the Jackson Red Line station in the Loop earlier this month.

Judge Charles Beach ordered Terry Davis, age 30, held on $75,000 bail for the robbery cases and held on an additional $30,000 bail for violating the terms of release in a pending retail theft case. Davis is currently on parole.

All three of the robberies unfolded between 10 p.m. and midnight on Thursday, February 11.

First, a CTA passenger reported that a man approached him on the platform and asked for money at 10:01 p.m. When the victim told the man he didn’t have any, the offender punched him in the face and body, then took his satchel, phone, and passport, Assistant State’s Attorney Joseph Bucci said Saturday.

The robber then went through the victim’s pockets and took another phone and cash, Bucci said.

Detectives assigned to the case learned about two other robberies in the same area of the Red Line that night and pulled CTA surveillance footage from all three attacks, Bucci said.

According to CPD records, the other two muggings took place at 11:45 p.m. and 11:55 p.m., but Bucci did not provide details of the robberies during Davis’ bond court appearance Saturday.

Investigators who viewed the videos determined that the same man committed all three robberies. This week, police monitoring surveillance camera feeds spotted the robber — alleged to be Davis — in the same area, and cops were dispatched to arrest him.

Davis will need to post $10,500 to get out of jail. Illinois Department of Corrections records show he was released from prison on November 17 after serving half of a three-year narcotics case. He has served three other prison sentences for narcotics and one for theft.

Our exclusive and original reporting is 100% reader-funded. Please make a contribution to our operating fund or purchase a subscription today.

About CWBChicago 6759 Articles
CWBChicago was created in 2013 by five residents of Wrigleyville and Boystown who had grown disheartened with inaccurate information that was being provided at local Community Policing (CAPS) meetings. Our coverage area has expanded since then to cover Lincoln Park, River North, The Loop, Uptown, and other North Side Areas. But our mission remains unchanged: To provide original public safety reporting with better context and greater detail than mainstream media outlets. Our editorial email address is news@cwbchicago.com