Police detectives have linked recent armed robberies in Old Town, the West Loop, and West Rogers Park to a group of armed offenders, according to a CPD community alert.
The hold-up crew, which consists of two men and a woman, targeted people alone on the street four times on Sunday evening and early Monday, police said. According to the alert and previous reporting by CWBChicago, the robberies were:
- on the 400 block of West Wisconsin around 9 p.m. Sunday. A man hopped out from a black SUV’s passenger seat with a handgun and confronted a 30-year-old woman, taking her purse and phone. He then returned to the SUV and fled the scene.
- on the 2000 block of North Racine around 9:30 p.m. Sunday. A 30-year-old man was robbed at gunpoint of his phone by an offender who reportedly emerged from the passenger side of a black SUV with a handgun.
- on the 6700 block of North Rockwell around 10:50 p.m. Sunday. A woman was in front of her home when a man got out of a black car, robbed her of her Apple Watch, keys, and phone, and drove away with her black 2019 Ford Fusion, according to a CPD report. The Lexus followed him.
- on the first block of South Desplaines around 12:40 a.m. Monday. A black SUV stopped in front of a 68-year-old man who was driving and a woman and a man who had a gun stepped out. The man demanded the victim’s valuables and fled with his wallet and phone, police said.
According to CPD’s community alert, the suspects are:
- a Black male between 20- and 30-years-old who wore a black sweatshirt with black pants
- a Black male between 20- and 30-years-old who wore a green sweatshirt and gray sweats
- a Black female between 15- and 20-years-old
Anyone with information about the crimes can contact Area Three detectives at 312-744-8263 about crime pattern P21-3-089.