Drive-by shooting leaves boy, 17, injured in Rogers Park

A drive-by gunman left a 17-year-old boy in serious condition Thursday afternoon in Rogers Park, police said. No arrests have been made.

The victim was on a sidewalk in the 1700 block of West Morse when a light-colored SUV pulled up, and someone fired shots at him from inside the vehicle, police said.

One bullet struck the boy in the buttocks and exited through his abdomen, according to an officer at the scene. His condition stabilized at St. Francis Hospital.

Police searched for shell casings, blood, or other evidence of a shooting near Morse and Clark but found nothing.

Thursday’s shooting is the 20th of the year for Rogers Park. That is roughly the same pace as last year, according to city records. The neighborhood saw the same number of shootings at this point last year, according to city records.

Please support CWBChicago’s reporting efforts with a contribution or subscription. Members-only perks await!

About CWBChicago 6713 Articles
CWBChicago was created in 2013 by five residents of Wrigleyville and Boystown who had grown disheartened with inaccurate information that was being provided at local Community Policing (CAPS) meetings. Our coverage area has expanded since then to cover Lincoln Park, River North, The Loop, Uptown, and other North Side Areas. But our mission remains unchanged: To provide original public safety reporting with better context and greater detail than mainstream media outlets. Our editorial email address is news@cwbchicago.com