The FBI says a man who has robbed a series of banks on the in the city and suburbs since November struck again in Uptown over the weekend.
At 2:21 p.m. on Saturday, he robbed the Huntington National Bank inside Jewel-Osco, 4355 North Sheridan, according to an FBI bulletin. His clothing included a Chicago Cubs baseball hat that has the letter “C” all over it.
The same man has robbed at least five other banks, the agency said:
- Huntington National Bank, 4042 West Foster in North Park, at 6:05 p.m. on May 10
- Fifth Third Bank, 837 West North Avenue in the Clybourn Corridor, at 5:40 p.m. on April 22
- Huntington National Bank, 9449 Skokie Boulevard in Skokie, at 5:50 p.m. on March 3
- Parkway Bank, 39 North Morgan in the West Loop, at 4:18 p.m. on February 18
- BMO Harris Bank, 3113 North Lewis in Waukegan, at 3:21 p.m. on November 24
All of the Huntington National Bank locations were inside Jewel-Osco stores.
According to the FBI, the robber is White and between 5’4″ and 5’10” tall.
They are offering a reward of up to $1,000 for information that leads directly to his arrested and conviction. Tips can be shared with the FBI’s Chicago Field Office at 312-421-6700.
Authorities are also looking for another serial bank robber who has held up five banks in the Loop since May 3.
Please support CWBChicago’s reporting efforts with a contribution or subscription. Members-only perks await!