A prolific bank robber pulled off his ninth downtown bank robbery since May 2 on Monday afternoon, according to the FBI. This time, he targeted a bank in River North, marking his first hold-up outside of the Loop.
The FBI said he robbed Bank of America, 515 North LaSalle, around 2:48 p.m. yesterday, escaping with about $1,500, according to a CPD report.
The same man robbed two banks in about 30 minutes last Thursday. So far, though, the FBI is still offering a reward of just $1,000 for information that leads directly to his arrest and conviction.
The agency said the man has robbed:
- Huntington National Bank, 29 East Madison, at 3:57 p.m. on June 23
- PNC Bank, 302 West Adams, at 4:30 p.m. on June 23
- US Bank, 25 East Washington, at 11:23 a.m. on May 2
- Chase Bank, 2 North LaSalle, at 4:14 p.m. on May 9
- Huntington National Bank, 20 North Clark, at 3:57 p.m. on May 23
- US Bank, 71 South Wacker, at 3:16 p.m. on May 27 and again at 3:47 p.m. on June 17
- Citibank, 222 West Adams, at 4:05 p.m. on June 3
The FBI said the man is 5’5″ to 5’8″ tall and is in his 50s or 60s. Its Chicago field office can be contacted at 312-421-6700.
Facts first. 100% reader-funded. Click here to support CWBChicago today.