For the second time this month, Chicago police are warning the public about a rising burglary trend in Old Town and Lincoln Park.
The prowler enters apartments through unlocked doors or side windows, takes property, then escapes on foot, said the community alert, issued Friday evening by Area Three Detectives. That’s the same description detectives gave in a warning they issued for the neighborhood on August 11.
All of the break-ins occurred during the morning hours. Incidents were reported in:
- the 1300 block of North Cleveland on August 4, August 5, and August 21
- the 2200 block of North Bissel on August 5
- the 2200 block of North Fremont on August 6
- the 1800 block of North halsted on August 10
- the 2000 block of North Burling on August 20
- the 2100 block of North Halsted on August 21
- the 1800 block of North Cleveland on August 21 and August 22
CPD said the suspect is a Black male between 20- and 30-years-old. They recommended that residents keep doors and windows secure and have broken doors, windows, and locks repaired.
Call Area Three detectives at 312-744-8263 if you have any information about the crimes.