A Chicago man who was shot in the Loop last month has succumbed to his injuries, according to the Cook County medical examiner’s office. Rashawn Selmon, 37, died at Stroger Hospital at 9:11 p.m. Thursday, officials said.
Another man, Ronald Thomas, died moments after the shooting, which occurred in the 200 block of South Wabash at 12:05 a.m. on September 4. Thomas had turned 40 years old just five minutes before the shooting.
Chicago police said Thomas and Selmon were walking when they got involved in an argument with a man who took out a gun and shot them near the entrance to a parking garage.
Police said the shooter fled south on Wabash wearing a white hat and a white shirt. He was carrying a black crossbody bag and was with a woman who was dressed in pink clothing.
So far, though, no charges have been filed.
Selmon is the ninth person killed in the Loop this year.
Facts first. 100% reader-funded. Click here to support CWBChicago today.