12 year sentence for man accused of sexually assaulting two women in the Gold Coast

Chicago — An Evanston man who was accused of sexually assaulting two women after he joined them at their Gold Coast apartment following a night out has been sentenced to 12 years in prison.

Valando Dixon, 36, pleaded guilty to one count of aggravated criminal sexual assault causing bodily harm and one count of aggravated battery in a public place, which was reduced from aggravated criminal sexual assault, according to court records.

The women, ages 34 and 31 at the time, called police to the apartment building in the 1500 block of North Dearborn on the morning of November 3, 2019.

Valando Dixon | Chicago Police Department

The 34-year-old told police that she awoke as Dixon sexually assaulted her. She pushed Dixon away and told him to stop, according to a CPD report. Dixon then went to where the 31-year-old woman was sleeping and sexually assaulted her, prosecutors said. The woman said she then kicked Dixon out of the apartment.

He took his pants, shoes, a Northwestern University hat, and a Northwestern letterman jacket with him, but he left a shirt and phone behind, police said.

As a Chicago police evidence technician finished processing the crime scene, officers saw Dixon walk out of the building next door wearing a Northwestern University hat and a Northwestern letterman jacket.

The officers detained Dixon, who allegedly had two business cards that bore one of the alleged victim’s phone numbers and the phone number of a man who reportedly saw him with the two women earlier in the night, according to allegations filed in court.

Judge Stanley Sacks sentenced Dixon to eight years for the criminal sexual assault charge and a consecutive four years for the aggravated battery count. Dixon is scheduled to be paroled on August 4, 2028, according to Illinois Department of Corrections records.

You can support CWBChicago’s start-to-finish tracking of court cases by becoming a subscriber.

About CWBChicago 6329 Articles
CWBChicago was created in 2013 by five residents of Wrigleyville and Boystown who had grown disheartened with inaccurate information that was being provided at local Community Policing (CAPS) meetings. Our coverage area has expanded since then to cover Lincoln Park, River North, The Loop, Uptown, and other North Side Areas. But our mission remains unchanged: To provide original public safety reporting with better context and greater detail than mainstream media outlets. Our editorial email address is news@cwbchicago.com