Man charged with shooting a woman on the Red Line

Chicago — Prosecutors have charged a man with shooting a 30-year-old woman on a Red Line train in the Loop last summer. A woman who allegedly encouraged him to shoot the victim was charged on Tuesday.

Judge William Fahy ordered Bobby Noblin, 32, held without bail during a court hearing Wednesday afternoon.

Noblin and Latrice Harvey, 25, followed the 30-year-old woman and her school-age son onto a Red Line train at State-Lake just after midnight on August 27, prosecutor Sarah Dale-Schmidt said. The woman, Harvey, and Noblin all began arguing, and Noblin smacked the woman’s son in the face, according to Dale-Schmidt. She didn’t say what sparked the confrontation.

Latrice Harvey, Bobby Noblin, and CTA surveillance images of the suspects. | Chicago Police Department

The victim hit Noblin, and a fight broke out, during which Noblin allegedly pulled a firearm from his waistband. At that point, the victim’s son and another witness ran from the train.

But Harvey cornered the woman on the train and repeatedly punched and kicked her until she fell to the floor, Dale-Schmidt said. Harvey allegedly continued to kick and punch the woman as she lay on the ground in a fetal position.

She then instructed Noblin to shoot the woman, Dale-Schmidt said. Noblin stepped forward and shot the victim in the knee at point-blank range. He then ran from the area, as did Harvey. CTA surveillance cameras captured the entire incident.

Dale-Schmidt said Noblin has four felony convictions in his background, four for retail theft and one for residential burglary.

His assistant public defender said he is looking for work after recently being laid off from a warehouse. The lawyer added that he has a four-year-old daughter he supports and regularly takes to church.

Harvey was also held without bail by Judge Fahy during her bond hearing on Tuesday. She and Noblin are both charged with attempted first-degree murder and aggravated battery by discharging a firearm.

Would you please support CWBChicago’s reporting efforts with a contribution or subscription?

About CWBChicago 6696 Articles
CWBChicago was created in 2013 by five residents of Wrigleyville and Boystown who had grown disheartened with inaccurate information that was being provided at local Community Policing (CAPS) meetings. Our coverage area has expanded since then to cover Lincoln Park, River North, The Loop, Uptown, and other North Side Areas. But our mission remains unchanged: To provide original public safety reporting with better context and greater detail than mainstream media outlets. Our editorial email address is news@cwbchicago.com