$46,000 Prada store robbery earns man a 42-month sentence

Chicago — A Calumet City man has been sentenced to prison for participating in a flash mob robbery that allegedly yielded merchandise worth $46,000 from the Prada store in downtown Chicago last year.

Kahdaffie Green, 25, pleaded guilty to robbery and retail theft before Judge Mary Brosnahan in exchange for concurrent 42-month sentences, according to court records.

Prosecutors said a security guard allowed Green to enter the store at 30 East Oak Street around 2:30 p.m. on January 12, 2022. Green then blocked the guard’s path and allowed three accomplices to enter behind him.

Kahdaffie Green pleaded guilty to robbing the Prada store at 30 East Oak. | CPD; Enjoy Illinois

Green and one of the accomplices attacked the guard while the other two gathered merchandise, mostly purses, from the displays. At one point, the crew rammed the guard with a clothing rack, which caused him to fall to the ground and injure his wrist.

The group escaped in two stolen cars, and Chicago police detectives tracked those vehicles’ movements before and after the robbery, eventually locating video of Green at a convenience store in North Center about 30 minutes before the Prada heist, prosecutors said.

Investigators also found surveillance footage that allegedly showed Green and his accomplices arriving at an apartment building in the Riverdale neighborhood 50 minutes after the robbery. They were allegedly seen removing the Prada merchandise from the two stolen cars and entering a nearby building.

Green’s 42-month sentence will be cut in half for good behavior. He also earned 446 days of credit for the time he spent in jail participating in unspecified programs. He reported to Centralia Correctional Center on February 23 and will be released on August 25, Illinois Department of Corrections records show.

Tony Simmons, another man charged with taking part in the Prada robbery, is still fighting the allegations. He is scheduled to appear in court again on Tuesday.

About CWBChicago 6681 Articles
CWBChicago was created in 2013 by five residents of Wrigleyville and Boystown who had grown disheartened with inaccurate information that was being provided at local Community Policing (CAPS) meetings. Our coverage area has expanded since then to cover Lincoln Park, River North, The Loop, Uptown, and other North Side Areas. But our mission remains unchanged: To provide original public safety reporting with better context and greater detail than mainstream media outlets. Our editorial email address is news@cwbchicago.com