Chicago police say two men broke into eight bars and restaurants from Lincoln Park to Lincoln Square during back-to-back crime sprees on Wednesday and Thursday. So far, though, the offenders remain on the loose.
CPD said the men used a pry tool to break the businesses’ locks, then raided the cash registers and file cabinets. The pair fled each scene on foot, according to police.
Area Three detectives issued a community alert that linked the men to burglaries at bars and restaurants in the following locations:
- the 1000 block of West Wrightwood at 12:48 a.m. Wednesday
- the 2400 block of North Halsted between 12:04 a.m. and 5:15 a.m. Wednesday
- the 1800 block of West Irving Park at 3:15 a.m. Thursday
- the 1900 block of West Byron at 3:48 a.m. Thursday
- the 3900 block of North Lincoln sometime late Wednesday or early Thursday
- the 4300 block of North Lincoln between 1 a.m. and 8 a.m. Thursday
- the 4300 block of North Lincoln between 1 a.m. and 6 a.m. on Thursday
- the 4600 block of North Lincoln at 5:27 a.m. Thursday
The alert said the suspects were two Black males, each wearing a light-colored hoodie with black pants and carrying a light-colored backpack.
Information about the crimes can be shared with CPD investigators at 312-744-8263 regarding crime pattern P23-3-022.