CHICAGO — Detectives have linked a series of armed robberies and carjackings this week to the same crew of offenders, according to a community alert released by Chicago police on Wednesday evening. During one of the robberies, an offender fired several shots as the victim ran away, CPD said.
Three or four men are targeting victims who are seated in vehicles, according to police. They display handguns, demand the victim’s property, and take their cars.
Detectives believe the group committed robberies and carjackings in the following locations:
- the 3600 block of North Wolcott at 11:08 p.m. Monday
- the 5900 block of North Ridge at 3:15 a.m. Tuesday
- the 2800 block of North Wolcott at 4:30 a.m. Tuesday
- the 600 block of West 18th Street at 5:10 a.m. Tuesday
- the 7200 block of North Clark at 6:29 a.m. Tuesday
- the 1100 block of West Wrightwood at 9:10 p.m. Tuesday
- the 900 block of North Western at 9:35 p.m. Tuesday
Police said the suspects are three or four Black males between 18 and 24 years old who wear dark clothing and face masks. They display multiple handguns and have traveled in a black sedan, a red Kia SUV, and a black Toyota SUV, the alert said.
Anyone who has information about the crimes can contact detectives at 312-744-8263 regarding alert #23-3-029.