CHICAGO — A group of three or four males broke into at least 20 cars on the city’s North Side over the weekend, Chicago police said in a community alert Tuesday morning.
The alert said the crew, wearing dark hoodies and ski masks, broke windows on the vehicles and took property from inside, usually during the late evening hours.
CPD said break-ins were reported in the:
- 1400 block of West Warner (twice)
- 2500 block of West Pensacola (twice)
- 600 block of West Montrose
- 1300 block of West Montrose
- 3800 block of North Alta Vista
- 1900 block of West Leland
- 4600 block of North Paulina
- 4700 block of North Paulina
- 4300 block of North Lincoln
- 1500 block of West Sunnyside
- 4000 block of North Greenview
- 4400 block of North Greenview
- 4500 block of North Greenview
- 1700 block of West Belmont
- 4600 block of North Damen
- 3800 block of North Wayne
- 1400 block of West Cuyler
- 2800 block of North Burling
Anyone with information about the incidents can contact detectives at 312-744-8263 regarding crime pattern #P23-3-028.