Chicago police hope someone will help them put the wrap on a sandwich store robber who has struck at least eight times over the past month.
In a community alert issued Sunday, CPD said the man seen in these pictures has robbed sandwich shops from the South Loop to Logan Square, sometimes at gunpoint.
He either goes behind the counter and takes money from the register or orders an employee to give him the cash at gunpoint, police said. He punched an employee during one of the holdups.
The man is suspected of robbing stores:
- in the 1200 block of South Canal at 4:20 a.m. on June 25 and 3:45 a.m. on July 15
- in the 700 block of South Western at 11:47 a.m. on June 26
- in the 2500 block of West North Avenue at 10:45 a.m. on June 27
- in the 700 block of North Milwaukee at 9 a.m. on June 30
- in the first block of West Ohio at 4 a.m. on July 8
- in the 1600 block of West Roosevelt at 10:28 p.m. on July 16
- in the 600 block of South Wabash at 3:48 a.m. on July 18
Police said the man is 20 to 35 years old, 5’10” to 6’4″ tall, and 175 to 200 pounds.
Information can be shared with detectives by calling 312-744-8263 and referring to crime pattern 23-CWP-032.