Driver tried to abduct 8-year-old in Lincoln Square: aldermen

CHICAGO — Two North Side aldermen are telling their constituents about a kidnapping attempt reported in Lincoln Square on Monday afternoon.

A woman told Chicago police it happened around 2 p.m. as she walked with her 8-year-old son near Ainslie and Seeley.

The child was walking ahead of his mother when a dirty, dark blue Toyota Corolla pulled up next to him, aldermen Andre Vasquez (40th) and Matt Martin (47th) wrote in a joint email Tuesday morning.

The driver tried to pull the boy through the side window, but the child hit him with a tablet and ran away. According to the email, the driver headed west on Ainslie in the vehicle.

Martin and Vasquez said their offices are notifying nearby schools and daycares about the incident.

CPD described the man as White, 30 to 40 years old, with wavy brown hair. He drove a blue four-door sedan.

Tips can be shared with Area Three detectives at 312-744-8261. The case number is JG401528.

About CWBChicago 6357 Articles
CWBChicago was created in 2013 by five residents of Wrigleyville and Boystown who had grown disheartened with inaccurate information that was being provided at local Community Policing (CAPS) meetings. Our coverage area has expanded since then to cover Lincoln Park, River North, The Loop, Uptown, and other North Side Areas. But our mission remains unchanged: To provide original public safety reporting with better context and greater detail than mainstream media outlets. Our editorial email address is news@cwbchicago.com