Man robbed two Loop convenience stores within minutes, Chicago police say

Michael Odulaja | Chicago Police Department; Multiplottr

CHICAGO — Robbery and firearm charges have been filed against a man who police say robbed two convenience stores in the Loop on Sunday morning.

Michael Odulaja, 21, of the South Shore neighborhood, will appear for a detention hearing at the Leighton Criminal Courthouse this afternoon.

Just before 9 a.m. yesterday, a man displayed a gun and robbed the 41-year-old employee at Circle K, 200 North La Salle.

Minutes later, a similar robbery attempt occurred at 7-Eleven, 200 North Dearborn. Police said the robber didn’t get anything from the second store’s employee.

Chicago police responding to the first robbery call spotted Odulaja in the area and arrested him after the victims identified him as the robber. CPD said he was carrying a gun when he got caught.

Prosecutors charged him with armed robbery with a firearm, attempted armed robbery with a firearm, and aggravated unlawful use of a weapon.

About CWBChicago 6779 Articles
CWBChicago was created in 2013 by five residents of Wrigleyville and Boystown who had grown disheartened with inaccurate information that was being provided at local Community Policing (CAPS) meetings. Our coverage area has expanded since then to cover Lincoln Park, River North, The Loop, Uptown, and other North Side Areas. But our mission remains unchanged: To provide original public safety reporting with better context and greater detail than mainstream media outlets. Our editorial email address is news@cwbchicago.com